Friday, July 27, 2012

I get to teach!

That's right!  I get a class to teach next year!  It is one section of 21 students, but they are all mine 5th hour and I get to fill their little heads with US history!!!  YAY!!!

My mind is whirling on how I'm going to do it.  Last year, the class was taught backwards, starting with the Iraq and Afgan wars, and moving to the 90's, then 80's and so on.  I think they made it to the 50s.  It's an interesting way to do it and I am eager to talk to the other teacher to see how he thought it worked.

I will not have my own classroom, so I'll have to figure out how to go about doing that.  I don't think we have any books either.  I know they used a website last year that acted as a text book.  I have a ton of worksheets and supplies, somewhere on my bookshelf at home, so maybe they will finally get used!

Ah, just can't wait to get back into it!  Very thrilled!

1 comment:

jrbm said...

Super excited for you!