Sunday, March 15, 2009

I still got it!!!

Well, I did it! And I didn't pull anything, although I'm a little sore. It was a great reunion, with a few former teammates and many who graduated before us. My very first dance teacher, who taught in her basement and put on a recital where I wore my first tutu and danced to "Lets go fly a kite" and got my picture in the paper, was there! She is the reason I wanted to be a voyager or dance at all! It was great hearing parenting stories. One thing I have to say about us is that we hold up well. Some of these graduates, from 86, still dancing, doing toe touches and shaking their stuff!

And it felt so good. We were the last routine of the night, and the energy for us from the crowd and from us on the floor was outstanding. Someone did say performing would be just like riding a bike, and it was! The smile, the head, the beat, the kicks and spins. And our mid level kicks, in our pride and love, were higher anyway. My husband said we were the highlight, and I think maybe he was right. That love of dance and of the team and all those great memories just came flooding back.

My dad video taped it, the whole team, and just me! I'm in the very back in the center on the black line. Go to his blog to check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You looked great. Can't wait to see you and E tomorrow.