Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hashing, chewing, gnawing

I just deleted an entire post because it was me, me, me, me, me.  And poor, poor, poor me.  It's been so long because I'm just a little black rain cloud, and I don't want to pass it on.  

I'm not very happy with myself right now, and this negative energy I'm putting out to the universe is really coming back to bite me in the butt.

So here are some things that are going right in my world of wrong:
1.  Lucy is the happiest baby, ever.  She constantly shows her 4 teeth, 2 on the bottom center, and 2 on the top, but they are not center, they're the ones to either side of the center top teeth.

2.  Addie and Emily are happy, healthy, and bright.

3.  My husband is very supportive of me, no matter what.  He's the best cheerleader.

4.  Yesterday, on my way to a professional development meeting, I totally butterfingered my coffee cup, and as it tumbled out of my hand I had a brief flash of hope that maybe the lid would hold and I'd only lose a little of my half cup.  That hope was quickly dashed as my cup did similar on the hallway floor and sweet smelling, creamy coffee spewed forth, like a hawaiian eruption.  My colleagues that were walking with me stopped to help me, locating a janitor, picking up and carrying my mug, and kneeling down to help me mop up the mess.  I felt loved!

5.  At lunch time, I couldn't find anyone to go to lunch with, and made my way down to the local restaurant in hopes that someone would be there.  Then, one of my colleagues called to ask where I was, not wanting to leave me behind.  It was so nice to be included.  

6.  Had a great workout with friends on Monday, and I'm sore in a good way from it.  

Just a few things to be thankful for!

2 comments:

Marijanna and Shaun said...

Ahhhh... Thankfulness... sure has a way of changing perspective, doesn't it my little Eeyore? Sending some more love your way from lil' ole' New Beige from Ava Marie, (Clara Rose-due in less than 2 mo!) and MOI!

P.S. LOVE the name "Lucy". When do we get to see pics?

Unknown said...

We all have days of mishaps, your not alone. Happy a to z challenge