Tuesday, January 31, 2012

S*@t you learn in school.

I asked my kindergardener what she learned in school yesterday.  She replied:

"We learned a penny is worth one cent, a nickel is worth five, a dime is worth ten, and a quarter (pronounced qwarta... in a new englandy way) is worth 25!"

And I said, "Oh, very good!" Thinking, wow, we're really getting our money's worth!

Then she said, "And, we learned that you're not supposed to say SHHHHH*T!  So and so said s*@t and I said not to say s*@t, and then they told the teacher I was the one that said s*@t!  But I was just saying s*@t to tell what she said!"

Oh, holy crap.  All that came tumbling out of my 5 year olds mouth in a big jumble, before I could shout, "Stop saying that word!"  And she said it just like that!

So I had to tell her that if someone else says a naughty word, you can tell them not to say that word, and tell the teacher without repeating the word.  Especially over and over again!

At least it wasn't that she learned it from mommy or daddy, thank God!  We can blame it on her classmates...  for now.

No comments: