Friday, January 16, 2009

Nope :(

I didn't get the job.

As a matter of fact I got rejected in a "form" e-mail. Yeah. "Dear applicant" it said. They did have 38 people to notify, that's a lot of calls.

I am disappointed, for we had already spent the oodles of moolah (ha ha) I would have made in our minds. And I probably wouldn't have had to search for a job in the spring. And somebody would have taken me away from my children, because after being cooped up for 4 days due to the obscenely low temperatures, they need me to go away from them for a while.

It's just hard to get rejected, even if it is better. You hype yourself up, and convince yourself you're so good so you can convince them, and then it's a blow to the ego when they don't realize how fabulous you are. I got the impression from the assistant principal he was doubtful that I could handle a room full of high schoolers, and I didn't make the point very clear that of course I can.

On the other hand I don't have to bring homework home, or walk into someone else's classroom and try to live up to their popular reputation. And, because it was full time, that meant full time baby sitting and a sharp reduction in breast feeding. So now I will be able to sub when I want to and make sure I can try to breast feed up to a year. I also have the opportunity to get to know other schools, so when I do apply I can have a foot in the door.

It doesn't totally suck, just kind of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for you :( Meanwhile, do something fun like making snow ice cream. We did that a few days ago. Doesn't taste that great, but the kids liked the novelty of it.

KS